Can't link my bank?

Michael1792
Contributor
Contributor

For some reason I can't link my account to my bank, i've tried over and over today, to no avail, tried seeing if my account info was missing something, can't think of anything that's missing. I'm from the US, and my account's a Personal, the message I keep getting is: "Something went wrong, We couldn't link your bank.", it doesn't give me any more information than that. 

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

ramberroya
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee
Here’s how to link a bank account to your PayPal account: Click Wallet at the top of the page (if you’re on a mobile device, tap Menu then Wallet). Click Link a bank account. Select your bank, or click Don't see your bank? at the bottom. Depending on the bank you select, you may have the option to link your bank instantly using your online banking login information. If the instant option isn't available, just enter your bank account details manually and click Agree and Link. Option 1: Link a bank account instantly To link your bank account instantly, you'll need to enter your user ID and password for your online banking. We'll match this information with your bank to confirm your account ownership. Once this information is entered correctly, your bank account will be confirmed instantly. Option 2: Link and confirm a bank account manually If you enter your bank account number manually, you'll be prompted to confirm this bank account. You must complete this step before you can use your bank account to make payments or add money to your PayPal account. Within 3 business days, review your bank statement to find 2 small deposits (each between $0.01 and $0.99 USD) that we sent to your bank account. You can also contact your bank to find out the exact amounts of these deposits. With this information, you can complete the confirmation process online or follow the steps below: Click Wallet at the top of the page. Click the bank you want to confirm. Enter the exact amounts of the 2 deposits made to your account. For example, if you receive two deposits of $.05 and $.15, enter .05 and .15 on the screen. Click Submit. Note: Some banks combine the 2 small deposit amounts into 1 lump sum. If you only receive 1 small deposit, contact us to confirm your bank or try to link your bank instantly. The small deposits are temporary and will be removed from your bank account. If the deposits are $.05 and $.15, you'll also see a debit of $.20 by PayPal on your bank statement. Click here for common issues you might encounter when linking a bank account. ***If you see a post that is helpful, kindly give the author Kudos or accept it as a solution. Thanks and have a great day! ☺

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8
Solved

ramberroya
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee
Here’s how to link a bank account to your PayPal account: Click Wallet at the top of the page (if you’re on a mobile device, tap Menu then Wallet). Click Link a bank account. Select your bank, or click Don't see your bank? at the bottom. Depending on the bank you select, you may have the option to link your bank instantly using your online banking login information. If the instant option isn't available, just enter your bank account details manually and click Agree and Link. Option 1: Link a bank account instantly To link your bank account instantly, you'll need to enter your user ID and password for your online banking. We'll match this information with your bank to confirm your account ownership. Once this information is entered correctly, your bank account will be confirmed instantly. Option 2: Link and confirm a bank account manually If you enter your bank account number manually, you'll be prompted to confirm this bank account. You must complete this step before you can use your bank account to make payments or add money to your PayPal account. Within 3 business days, review your bank statement to find 2 small deposits (each between $0.01 and $0.99 USD) that we sent to your bank account. You can also contact your bank to find out the exact amounts of these deposits. With this information, you can complete the confirmation process online or follow the steps below: Click Wallet at the top of the page. Click the bank you want to confirm. Enter the exact amounts of the 2 deposits made to your account. For example, if you receive two deposits of $.05 and $.15, enter .05 and .15 on the screen. Click Submit. Note: Some banks combine the 2 small deposit amounts into 1 lump sum. If you only receive 1 small deposit, contact us to confirm your bank or try to link your bank instantly. The small deposits are temporary and will be removed from your bank account. If the deposits are $.05 and $.15, you'll also see a debit of $.20 by PayPal on your bank statement. Click here for common issues you might encounter when linking a bank account. ***If you see a post that is helpful, kindly give the author Kudos or accept it as a solution. Thanks and have a great day! ☺
Login to Me Too

SidneySid
Contributor
Contributor

Tat solution does not work. Been trying for 3 days to link Bank account, it does not work no matter what. 

And no one replies to our emails OR phone calls. This is insane and soooo irresponsible of paypal.

Login to Me Too

NataEC
Contributor
Contributor

I have the same issue. It's been now more than two weeks I'm in contact with Customer Support regarding the issue and they can't help.

I'm from Ecuador and there's no call or chat option due to COVID-19. So the only option is Message Center.

The PayPal always shows an error "try later". All the suggestions provided in this topic do not work as PayPal never accept the account.

I can confirm the account is real US bank account, not any kind of "virtual" ones, that PayPal usually blocks.

I also tried different browsers/computers. It's definitely a block imposed by PayPal to add any account from Ecuador.

In past it was resolved by calling PayPal, now there's no way to call and nobody knows when the call center will be back to normal.

I've being promised to receive a call, but nobody contacted me. 

Please help.

Login to Me Too

Michael1792
Contributor
Contributor

The best i can suggest NataEC, is contact support via messages, and ask them for help, that's how i got it fixed, i didn't actually see the solve message first, an agent helped manually link it for me and walked me through the process, note they may take over a day to respond as they did for me, likely due to covid. 

Login to Me Too

NataEC
Contributor
Contributor

Dear Michael1792,

I really appreciate you took your time out for a reply.

I'm in contact with support for two weeks, we exchanged tens of messages with no any solution.

First they insisted me to call to the closed lines, then they recommended to change browser/computers/clear cache etc.

Nothing of that helped as the block is on PayPal side and is due to Ecuadorian IP. I had similar issue few years ago and it was solved by a call.

Now with the closed lines their only suggestions is to wait until the lines will open again as they need to "speak" with me. I've given my authorization to ask any questions via messaging, but they only replied they need to speak or chat with me (chat never was an option in Ecuador).

So I'm stuck.

It's hard to believe they can't provide a solution. I asked them to escalate the issue to their supervisors and security department.

They promised to call me and never called. I hope that one of PayPal representatives will look deeper to the issue and will provide a solution.

Login to Me Too

Michael1792
Contributor
Contributor

I'm sorry to hear that, that sounds really troublesome, they were able to help me, just asked for some info and walked through info from me they needed, then linked it for me, i wish i knew how to help, best of luck!

Login to Me Too

annacadiz111
Contributor
Contributor

I can't link any cards on my paypal. I have been using  my bank account for many months already but  this month of july it has  been declined by the, so i can't link anymore. And today, i have another account but still it's been declined. I can tell the problem is with the paypal. I really need help!

Login to Me Too

sena1287
New Community Member

I've been getting the same message and have just created my account. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.