Can't link bank because phone number not recognized

CRobinDraws
New Community Member

I want to link a bank account, but when I try, the following happens: first, after choosing the bank, it asks for my username and password at that bank. Good so far.  Then it sends a confirmation code text to my phone number.  That works.  Then it asks which account I want to link.  Okay.  Then it wants to send another text -- but now it says I need a phone number!

I click the link for "add phone number". It gives me a popup to enter a phone number.  I enter the number.  The input box turns red.  It says it can't use "this type of phone number".  I enter the exact same string of digits again.  The box is green.  The button labeled "save" un-greys.  I click the button.

I get a screen saying that the system can't confirm my identity.

Tried several times.  Same result.  Tried calling customer support line.  Turns out that there is no customer support. Only an automated system which only gives me the instructions which SHOULD work, if the system would just USE THE TELEPHONE NUMBER I HAVE GIVEN IT.

Are there any humans working for this company at all?

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.