Can't delete inactive bank account & establish correct account

Sugeet
New Community Member

PP keeps want to link me to an inactive account, but has no tools to delink and delete the account. It gets worse because there is no way to contact anyone at PP even though it has a 'contact us' link. Phoning in takes me to a bot that takes me for a walk in the woods, never getting me to the issue at hand. Frustrating!

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Sugeet

Have you added a new bank account? Try also clearing your browser cache and history, maybe even updating your browser and restart your device and try removing again. But I think you should try linking another bank account first and then try to remove the old bank account if you have not already done so. Bank accounts are part of verifying the account so I presume they want you to have another bank account there verified like so:

https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/how-do-i-remove-a-bank-account-from-my-paypal-account-fa...

Funny thing is that option not available in the personal accounts but could be available in the business accounts to designate a primary bank account.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.