Can't correct my negative balance in local currency.

milesmuso
Contributor
Contributor
Hi, My PayPal balance is negative and I've been sent a request to top it up. I'm a UK citizen with a UK bank account and the amount I owe is in UK£. I'm using the android app. The 'please add funds' link takes me to the 'add funds' page where I can type in an amount to pay. The amount is pre-filled as '$0.00' and I cannot change it to £0.00. So I type in 200, and it takes that to be $200. USD. Then I hit the 'make payment' and I'm told the transfer from my UK bank will only work in UK £. So the payment doesn't work. It makes sense to me that if I owe £, I pay in £ from my UK £ bank account. So why does PayPal insist on me entering an amount in $? How can I make this payment?
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@milesmuso 

May be easier just to get a family member or close mate to 'send' you a payment to clear the balance.

If they use the friends / family option and fund it via their bank account and not card the its free.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@milesmuso 

May be easier just to get a family member or close mate to 'send' you a payment to clear the balance.

If they use the friends / family option and fund it via their bank account and not card the its free.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.