Can’t cope with PayPal any longer

cinderfella
Contributor
Contributor

Hello

For the first time in my life I feel suicidal.

Paypal has got my money & will not transfer it to my account. They keep requesting 72 hours which is not my fault in the first place as it’s been going on for two weeks. My blood pressure is high & I have nightmares as a result of PayPal.

They say there is a bug in their system & that I must open a new PayPal account. It’s become just too much for me not being able to get to my own money.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@cinderfella 

What's been happening when you try to transfer? Error messages? If you try to force the system by repeating failed actions, it will lock up to protect itself. The more you do it, the longer it will take to reset. People are not going to believe me when I say ya have to gentle with this technology stuff. lol Software is getting more and more sophisticated and can detect certain actions and treat it accordingly. If PayPal keeps saying wait 72 hours, it has to be, that the security system was triggered on your account.

Leave account alone for a week before trying again. Drastic measures. This stuff sometimes fixes itself if you leave it to fix itself. Before trying again clear browser cache, PayPal cookies, maybe even restart device; switch off and on your wifi/data connection because weak or unstable signals can interfere with processing too and then gingerly, step by step, letting each page load completely, try the transfer and cross your fingers! If it gives an error message, stop, log off for an hour and try again. After that, log off and leave it alone for a day and come back to it. 

I made a transfer once, never ever had a problem before transferring but finally gotten that dreaded we can't do this now, try again later or similar error that is reported here so much.  I couldn't believe it; "oh no not to me!" lol and so I just logged out, didn't try again, left it alone for about 45 mins, all antsy and decided to try again and switched off and on my wifi and selected between the 5GHz or the regular wifi connection and carefully and slowly tried transfer again and boom it went through! lol Phew! But for you, I dunno perhaps drastic measure is needed. Don't log on for about a week for system to cool down.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

kmspeak
Contributor
Contributor
I agree with you completely!! I have been trying to get money back from Paypal and they completely disregard any documentation, pleads, etc.. They are a horrible company and I am closing my accounts and urging others to do the same! !!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.