Can't change bank

rich_aye
Contributor
Contributor

Recently my bank changed hands.  I need to add the new bank info and remove the old bank info.  I was able to remove the old bank. But I can not get the web page for inputting the new page to work.  When I try it tells me it cannot do the process at this time and to try again later.   It's been several days I still can not get the new bank added.  Note I also have a pay pal credit card and am having same problem there and I cannot pay my cc bill.  Also severely hearing impaired and can not use the phone.   I know times are difficult now .. I'm being patient .. I wonder if there is a Pay Pal email address for either the pay pal account and/or their credit card.   Only other option is chat (which is all automated and doesn't really help).  Chat finally refers to the "messaging center" but I don't see any response there (sorta works like chat but it seems to be a one-one conversation with no real interaction ??)   I guess I may have to get someone else to do the phone call for me ???  

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

moneymatters168
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

@rich_aye

It would greatly help if you could provide your country so I can confirm for you. 

Due to the global situation it's possible that the new banking information has not been updated in the application. You may want to check with your bank if your old information would still be useful? 

Please leave Kudos / Solution if I have helped you

Login to Me Too

rich_aye
Contributor
Contributor

I'm in CT, USA.   Unfortunately the old account is no longer usable.  The new account DOES work fine and has been used over the past  5 days okay.   But there are two companies I deal with financially where I still have the old account listed.  And just those 2 companies,  (Pay Pal and a credit card (pay pal master card) which is issued by Syncrony bank still have the old bank account number on file.   I'm only having problems with those two accounts.  Although different web sites the problem is the same on both of them.   The page for changing that data keeps telling me to try again later.  

I'll try the web site again today .. maybe it's just an "over-load" caused by the virus thing or something.  But I've been trying on and off now for several days.  

Login to Me Too

moneymatters168
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

@rich_aye

YYou may want to try processing the payments to these two companies outside PayPal if they have a payment option for a PayPal payment. Do not login to your account use your same email address and new bank account. If it works you are good. If are still not able to make payment I will suggest you use an alternative method for the meantime. 

Due to the current economic situation, I hope there could be extension of credit for at least a billing cycle. 

Keep safe and I wish you financial success. 

Login to Me Too

rich_aye
Contributor
Contributor

I don't understand what you are saying.   If you mean paying an account I normally pay with Pay Pal by NOT using the "pay pal" system doesn't "fix" that I no longer have a valid bank account on record AT pay pal.   The weird thing is that the PP web site DID accept the NEW bank DEBIT card.   But if I want to not use the card and would use my listed bank in my pay pal account I can't because it's no longer good.   I can't use the existing bank in my PP wallet for anything like transferring money from "my bank" to my pay pal account or sending or receiving money if I need to use that bank.  

But the more important thing at this point is a master card credit card issued to me by Pay Pal.  That is also in my PP wallet.  and THAT also has the same no-longer valid old bank account in THEIR files. That issuing bank is tied to pay pal.  I can NOT use some other form of payment to pay them other than to send them a check in the mail.   When I try to change the account there I have the SAME problem .. I can not get it to change.   The option to use another payment source doesn't work.  My bank (with the NEW account number) is the only one I have.   I can't pay a credit card bill with another credit card.  I have to use an actual bank account.  The web site page for account editing etc. that "Pay Pal" master card site uses looks and works just like the actual Pay Pal account management page .. and both have the same problems ... one site is actually Pay Pal .. the other is  a bank (Syncrony) who issued the pay pal master card and I guess is tied to pay pal.  Right now some of the other financial accounts I send money to are accepting my new debit card okay.  BUT the Pay Pal master card monthly payment is now 2 weeks over-due and I can NOT contact them or get them to change the account number of record.  They won't accept a debit or credit card for payment.  If I try to ADD a new bank  account it doesn't work.   Sorry .. maybe this isn't really a Pay Pal issue but a issue with the credit credit card issuing bank ??    I can't reach them at all.   Since the card was issued to me by pay pal (I guess Syncrony bank is their bank?) I'm here looking for help. 

Two problems here.  Right now I'm just trying to address only one .. the wrong bank account listed in my Pay Pal wallet.  I need that account number to be changed so I can move money to and from it within Pay pal.    Haven't tried that now for a couple days.  Will try again all day today.   I am now thinking the other problem (possibly linked to pay pal??) is only going to be fixed when I finally get in contact with that bank directly.  (like I said .. been trying now for a couple weeks)   I know these are trying times and I fully understand ..  But I'm doing everything possible on my end.    

Login to Me Too

rich_aye
Contributor
Contributor

Someone please help me.

Have spent days now just trying to get some response.  Nothing works.  I do NOT have a "text" messaging ability.  I DO have a phone. (no text)  It IS on account.   NO WHERE in this Pay Pal world is there ANY kind of phone number where I can talk to a human.   It doesn't exist.   Does ANYONE have one ??   NONE .. NONE .. nada anything works.  Even trying to get in touch with a rep in chat directly.  Can't do that .. I to first CONFIRM who I am.   1. I cannot do that . they want to TEXT me a code.  I don't have any text capability.   Note!   I have been TRYING to do the bank change/edit/removal/ add for days.   When I get to the point where they want to "confirm" me by sending me an actual phone message via a regular phone I select the proper phone .. and they confirm the message was sent .. BUT  I NEVER GET THE CALL.   I've checked account tried all kinds of phones .. the number on the screen ONLY shows the last 4 digits (two numbers with the same last 4 digits ... ???/)   I've tried selecting both NOT BEING shown anything other than the same 4 last digits.   HOW the heck do I tell WHERE they are calling?   The phone number LISTED in my profile IS correct.  And it has the same 4 last digits.   There ARE NO options .. After it times out waiting for me to fill in the "code" than I never get, it tells to to try again.   ... I've tried BOTH options available to change the bank account .. one by selecting the bank ..with the above results.  the other by actually filling in my routing and account number info.  THEN I have to pass the "security check" again .. and wait for the phone call with the security code to fill in.   Same problem .. I never get the call.  Phone is good .. working fine.  # in my account is correct.  But I suspect the stupid web program has an inorrect # stored. 

I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM trying to use the ONLY  OTHER way to contact PP for help.  (other than THIS FORUM) and that is via their automated "chat text thing".   After answering all the questions there I finally get to where they will transfer me to a rep.  But first they have to verify who I am.   Okay you DO KNOW WHERE THAT GOES  ..  RIGHT ??    They want to send me a phone code via a voice message on my phone.   WHICH DOESN'T WORK. !!   

I've ALSO tried the "alternate method" of verification where I can answer a couple security questions.   So answer them correctly and I simply get a pop up message that says, "Please try again later" ... Yes I KNOW the web is busy and resources are limited.   Please I KNOW THAT .. BUT I HAVE BEEN WORKING ON THIS EVERY DAY .. several times a day for over a week now ..  I NEED an actual phone number where I can just talk to a rep who can CHANGE BANK ACCOUNT number to the new one.   I will gladly wait  as long as it  takes ... I just need a number ..  Also this NEW BANK change over has of course caused similar problems with other accounts.  I have had three of them where I went through the SAME procedures and same failures.  It was difficult and tedious but I WAS able to fix those problems by calling the company directly and having their accounting department CONFIRM the web site a problem and then offer to manually change my account from their office.  Had to do that with three companies .. BUT I can't do that with pay pal OR the bank that issued my pay pay master card credit.   Can't find a phone number anywhere ??  Help .. 

Login to Me Too

rich_aye
Contributor
Contributor

Another day in limbo.  Still no answers or solutions.  

Login to Me Too

rich_aye
Contributor
Contributor

I've started yet another thread this one isn't helping ..

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.