Can't add money to account - Negative Balance

wds716
New Community Member

I'm trying to issue a refund for an ebay item but the process created a negative balance on my paypal account. In the main screen when I click on "Add Money" all I get is the "More info about your negative balance" and then I get taken to the screen where I view my linked bank accounts. 

I realize I can't add money to my account because it is not a Paypal Cash account; however, there are no options for me to upgrade my account to this or add money to clear this negative balance.

Extremely frustrating just clicking around but not being able to clear this up and process a refund. Please help.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@wds716 

Ways to clear a negative balance.

1. Transfer funds from your bank account via the add funds function.

2. The quickest and easiest way is to get a mate or family member to send a payment via the friends / family option. As long as they don't fund it with a card it should be free.

3. Via a card over the phone with paypal.

4. Or mail a cheque as per link.
https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/what-should-i-do-if-my-balance-is-negative-faq1905?app=s...

5. Buy something and Paypal will normally add the debt to that payment during checkout when you authorise the purchase.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.