Can't add currencies to my account

rachliest

I've been struggling to get money into my bank account for two weeks now. I received money in GBP and I'm unable to transfer it to my bank account unless I convert it to USD. When I try to transfer, none of my cards/banks show up and the only available currency is GBP. Supposedly there is a place to change the currency under the "Wallet" menu (according to my message with customer service), but the only thing that shows up on that page is my card and bank info. How do I add USD to my account so I can actually use this money???!

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Celeste

Hey there @rachliest,

Thank you for your post, and welcome to the Community! I'm sorry to hear you have been experiencing these difficulties. It sounds like the transaction may need to be converted to USD before it can be withdrawn. Here's a great Help Center article on How to Transfer your Balance to Another Currency. Generally you would not need to add USD as a currency on a US account, but here's an article with more details on How to Select a Currency for your Primary Balance. Good luck with transferring the balance!

Take care,

- Celeste S.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.