Can't add bank account

Joi1994
New Community Member

I'm trying to link my bank account to my PayPal to allow me to withdraw my money. My bank account was already linked to the account I'm trying to connect it with but was removed by mistake, however, when I try to put in my details it says the bank account is linked to the allowed number of PayPal accounts. But I know my account isn't as it's only been on my PayPal and is cut not connected at all. How can I get my bank account linked to my PayPal to allow access to my money?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Joi1994

ok then if you removed it and tried to re-add it that may count as 3.

So your best bet is to phone customer services, and explain, and see if they can add it manually for you.

Click on the words "Help / Contact" at the bottom of paypals pages and use the phone option in the blue band at the top. Log in and get the code.
When you get through don't select any options just hang on till you get transfered to an agent OR just say the word 'Agent'".
In the UK its free from any landline phone.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
13 REPLIES 13

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Joi1994

A bank account can only be linked to a paypal account x3 times in its lifetime, have you exceeded that?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Joi1994
New Community Member
I may have as this is my second PayPal after losing access to my first in 2011. Is there anything I can do?
Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Joi1994

ok then if you removed it and tried to re-add it that may count as 3.

So your best bet is to phone customer services, and explain, and see if they can add it manually for you.

Click on the words "Help / Contact" at the bottom of paypals pages and use the phone option in the blue band at the top. Log in and get the code.
When you get through don't select any options just hang on till you get transfered to an agent OR just say the word 'Agent'".
In the UK its free from any landline phone.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

kevvy54
Contributor
Contributor

I have been attempting to add a bank account for over a week, every time i speak to a customer service rep in the Philippines and they attempt to manually add it i get cut off.Eventually i spoke to someone who seemed to know why i was unable to add the account and also why i was getting cut off, you must insist that the person you are speaking with does not put you on "mute" whilst they attempt to do their "security sweep" ( their words not mine) otherwise there is a good chance you will be disconnected. In order to add the bank account to Paypal i had to firstly let them do a security sweep whilst NOT being muted,this tells them that the account has been flagged for a security check and must be authenticated back to me,i then had to answer 3 questions related to my credit report- this is info that only i would know,they then submit your answers into their system and hopefully if the answers are correct the agent can then add the account manually. This all went swimmingly well and my account was added whilst i was on the line.

Hope this info can help others,there is obviously a bug in their telephony system that disconnects customers if they are muted,but that pathetic error message you receive should really be a lot more specific as to the reason why you are unable to add an account.

Regards

Login to Me Too

loberry
New Community Member

Thanks for the pointers.

I'm having the same exact problem with it telling me my account is linked but it is not. The stupid thing is that it asked me if I wanted to link both my checking and my savings account. I thought sure why not. Then it said you can only add 1 bank account and gave no choice which, it loaded my savings. I need my checking, not savings so I deleted savings and now it won't let me add checking I guess because I tried to add it earlier. It said "try again later" so I did but then I got put on limited access. I need to make a payment out of my checking account and it just won't let me. Customer service is closed until the morning. So frustrated. Hope I have luck over the phone. 

Login to Me Too

bcalder
New Community Member

I'm looking for a number to call. I don't see a number. 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@bcalder

Click help top of screen and scroll down passed the help FAQ to the phone option at the bottom.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Joebass12
Please am new to PayPal and have tried to add both bank account and credit card both was unable to do so. please help
Login to Me Too

Kumar14
Contributor
Contributor

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.