Can't add a bank account to my account as it is in a different name to me PayPal account

BillaSink
New Community Member

Hi, I'm trying to add a bank account to my PayPal account that I can withdraw the money to. I don't like giving out my real name when asking people to pay me via PayPal so the PayPal account is created in my business name, but I want to add my personal account to PayPal so that I can move the money to that account when needed. I've tried adding it and it just fails. I'm guessing it's because the two accounts are in different names.

Does anyone know if there is a way around this or if what I am trying to do is ok ? Any help would be greatlly appreciated.

Thanks

Billa

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@BillaSink 

You have a personal and not business paypal account so you need to have your legal personal name on that account to be able to withdraw the funds.

You can't change the name on a personal account from one name to another so you would need to close that account and open one with the correct name.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@BillaSink 

You have a personal and not business paypal account so you need to have your legal personal name on that account to be able to withdraw the funds.

You can't change the name on a personal account from one name to another so you would need to close that account and open one with the correct name.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.