Can't Transfer funds to bank account and to others

imyourvalaurenc
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal's Internal security blocked me from transferring funds to my bank account? Why and how long before I can transfer funds

Also I cant send money to another paypal user which is a family member why?

Paypal is giving people so many headaches 

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@imyourvalaurenc 

You answered your own question: PayPal's sensitive internal security system.  Leave the account alone a few days for security to reset itself and try again. If you keep repeating failed actions and forcing it, the system detects this, the longer it'll take to reset.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
12 REPLIES 12
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@imyourvalaurenc 

You answered your own question: PayPal's sensitive internal security system.  Leave the account alone a few days for security to reset itself and try again. If you keep repeating failed actions and forcing it, the system detects this, the longer it'll take to reset.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Puffmonster
Contributor
Contributor
Ive waited 7 days and still same issue. Have talked to 6 customer service reps. No one can help.
Login to Me Too

Apollbilly
Contributor
Contributor

what will i do am having same problem tried to transfer back even to sender but it keeps saying failed 

Login to Me Too

Jango31
Contributor
Contributor
I have left the account for almost a week now but it’s still not going through.
Login to Me Too

Laura157
Contributor
Contributor
I am aggravated by these claims of ‘internal security checks’ blah blah. What is there to check, it should have a manual override. Call up type scenario, answer security questions. Boom, all is fine. Here’s your money! I don’t want my money in 72 hours, I want it now. There should have been an option to cancel withdrawal, so alternative options could be executed to retrieve our own money! I normally wouldn’t be bothered, but on this occasion, the only occasion I have ever been subject to these ridiculous ‘checks’, I do actually need the money, like yesterday. Not tomorrow or Friday. I am wholly aggravated.
Login to Me Too

ycmhawks
Hi,did you solve your problem as I'm experiencing the exact same thing and I don't get why its necessary to do all the pre verification of bank account, phone,address etc etc if we still have to wait...I'm getting very upset and I am sick of calling them
Login to Me Too

ZydecoSoul
I am also going thru the same thing. I now remember why I left PayPal the first time. It’s been years I was under the assumption they would have been more up-to-date. I thought I would give them another try.
Login to Me Too

Garybark
New Community Member

PayPal is the dumbest thing I have ever used. I have not been able to transfer my money now for three days ridiculous. Customer service is shut down and not existent. 

Login to Me Too

TeamBBoys
New Community Member

I'm dealing with the same stuff too. Saturday transfer over 1k into bank so that was cool. Sunday tried to transfer just $500 and it was blocked. WHY THE HECK WOULD IT BE BLOCKED? YOU JUST TRANSFERRED TO THE SAME ACCOUNT THE DAY BEFORE FOR A LARGER AMOUNT. How does this make sense at all? It doesn't. 

It's a simple "legal" scam Paypal runs. Paypal takes the payment and sits on it because they make on the interchange overnight rate. Its less than pennies on a dollar but they take my $500, your $500 and that of a million more and x 3 night and its a lot of money. I've never had a clean transaction with Paypal and almost told my customer I wouldn't use but figured it was updated. I was wrong. Use Zelle. I'm going to listen to my own advice. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.