Can't Find Verification Code in Debit Card Statement

frik1000
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I'm a Paypal user from the Philippines that's trying to link my Metrobank debit card to my Paypal account. I went through the standard process of the verifying it, but when I look at my transactions, I can't find any code to use to confirm my card.

Based on my card's transaction history, a fee was deducted from my account (about 149Php) but their descriptions only say ET MCI SALE, and no four digit code or anything of the sort.

Any help would be appreciated.

Login to Me Too
39 REPLIES 39

ginopark16
How did it go? Did u get the code the next day?
Login to Me Too

Temp20231006D
Contributor
Contributor
mine did not change
Login to Me Too

RavenAngel
Contributor
Contributor
So how can i find it?
Login to Me Too

Lady_R
Contributor
Contributor

I don't have the code but I have been charged already. What do I do next ?

debit.PNG

Login to Me Too

Godwin12
Contributor
Contributor
Me too pls I need help
Login to Me Too

krys19

Paypal should make an alternative way for this card verification code issue.  I also sent a feedback to my bank metrobank to make the transaction history / statement to be detailed as much as possible, not just shortcuts that nobody understands 😞

Login to Me Too

stressedtomato
New Community Member

I'm actually having this problem right now but in Landbank. I tried contacting the bank branch about this yesterday and they immediately called me to resolve the issue. I'm waiting now for the detailed statement. 
One thing for sure, try contacting your bank about this. I contacted them through email. Then they reached me through phone call. 

Login to Me Too

akhailageronimo
Contributor
Contributor

@stressedtomato Hello! I am also linking my LBP debit card. Did you get the code from Landbank? How did you contact them?

Login to Me Too

Evanify

Hi there, I'm experiencing the same issue. Have you already linked your debit card?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Meghan

Hello @Evanify,

Thanks for joining the PayPal Community Forum to ask your question! 

I understand you're having difficulty confirming your card because you're unable to find the verification code. If you're reviewing your transactions online or through an app, you may need to download an actual statement from your financial institution to see the code. If that doesn't work, I suggest reaching out to your financial institution (the bank or credit card company who provided your card). They should be able to look up the code within their system. 

I hope you can find the code to confirm your card soon! 

- Meghan

If you found this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution. While browsing, feel free to reply if you see a question you know the answer to. Our Community Users make the PayPal Community Forum! 
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.