Can't Add a new bank account - function not functioning!!

lucypoulton
New Community Member

when I try to add a new bank account to my profile the past 10 times this link is sent back saying its failed? And the bank account never gets added to my profile. This link is returned: https://www.paypal.com/myaccount/money/flow/banks/new?failedBecause=expired

Has anyone else been experiencing this and know of a fix?!! Many Thanks

Login to Me Too
16 REPLIES 16

simeonstoykov
Contributor
Contributor

Had the same problem recently. The fix for me was to wait like 10-15 seconds after I write my IBAN. This fixed the problem. If I write the IBAN and hit the Submit button right away the problem is there but if I wait some time the problem is gone.

Login to Me Too

artlytical_dave
Contributor
Contributor

I tried using the app, waiting, added it to both my personal and business accounts, and tried the savings account as both a checking and a savings account.  Nothing worked and I'm getting "failedBecause=expired" in the URL.

Login to Me Too

bbdev
New Community Member

I got around this problem by adding the bank account using the PayPal app on my phone.

Login to Me Too
Solved

RunUpThatGuap

It's 2019 and this still problem is yet to be acknowledged or solved by the support team. Love the urgency in helping your customers.

Login to Me Too

Greenitthe

Had the same problem, and similarly doesn't work while trying to add a bank account through either paypal credit or the app. I tried again in Chrome in an incognito window, temporarily disabling the following extensions: (all adblockers), uBlock Origin, Privacy Badger, and HTTPS Everywhere which are set to remain active in incognito. I was able to successfully add my bank account without calling support. YMMV

Login to Me Too

EwnaVilae

Logging out and logging back in resolves this problem immediately, as hinted by the fact the URL says expired.

Login to Me Too

CourStanCode
Contributor
Contributor

It's 2020 and I'm still having this issue as well. I've logged out and back in as suggested. I've entered the text message code after entering my bank credentials six times and it either does nothing or times out. I give up.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.