Can't Add Bank Account, Can't sent Support Message

cspmosh
Contributor
Contributor

I thought Paypal was more reliable than this. I can't add a simple bank account with a valid routing number and account number. All I get is a message saying "could not add bank account". When I tried to go through the help section it had me put in my bank info again and this time it gave me a little more info saying something like it couldn't validate some security measures... whatever that means.

I tried to send a message through Paypal but I can't even do that. Before sending a message it wanted me to verify my identity by either sending me a text message to a phone number that is not even current and does not match the one in my profile (which is current), or by verifying a bunch of personal information which none of which was relevant to me and couldn't (understandably) verify me.

So my money is stuck in my Paypal account... It really thought PayPal was more professional than this.

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@cspmosh 

Have you ever had a failed bank transfer or negative balance?

Only if you have then paypal often remove the option for you to use your bank account as a funding source in the future to reduce risk to them of another transfer failure.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

cspmosh
Contributor
Contributor

No, this is a relatively new bank account. Never had any issues until now. Plenty of funds in it.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@cspmosh 

I didn't ask about your new bank account, I asked if you have EVER had a failed bank transfer or negative balance.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

cspmosh
Contributor
Contributor

You're right, you didn't ask- it just seemed like a logical assumption since we're talking about linking my account and you didn't specify otherwise (sorry). No, I've never had a negative balance on any bank account.

Frankly, with as technically incompetent as this site handles account management, information, and support, I don't think I want to trust them with my bank account info anyway. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.