Can not settle negative balance

TomLener
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

my account got a negative balance. This is because PayPal tried to transfer money from a bank account that I solely use for money transfer reasons and I do never have any available funds on that bank account.

I tried to settle the negative balance  using the "transfer money" button,and chose a bank account that has available funds. Then there is a message stating there was an error transfering money and I should contact customer service.

I contacted customer service 3 times the past 3 weeks, but did not get a single answer.

My account is restricted for 3 weeks now, and customer service does not respond.

What to do? Any ideas?

Thanks!

Regards,

Tom Lener

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@TomLener

The easiest way to sort out a negative balance is to get a friend or family member to 'send' you the amount needed to clear it using the friends / family option. If they fund it from their bank account or funds already in their paypal balance then there should not be a charge but tell them to check before they click to send as it will say if they are being charged or not before they have to pay.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@TomLener

The easiest way to sort out a negative balance is to get a friend or family member to 'send' you the amount needed to clear it using the friends / family option. If they fund it from their bank account or funds already in their paypal balance then there should not be a charge but tell them to check before they click to send as it will say if they are being charged or not before they have to pay.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

TomLener
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass

I just noticed you're the number one top kudoed author, and deservedly so.

Thanks, with your help I was able to solve the issue within a minute.

Cheers,

Tom

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.