Can i withdraw money from a non-turkish paypal account to a turkish visa card?

Benel97
As it is known, paypal in turkey doesn't work and the country banned paypal, so i made a paypal account and i registered it to another country and used all the info of my friend that lives in that country (address, phone number) and i was able to use paypal in turkey because it was registered to another country. I was able to receive money and send money easily. Then i linked my turkish visa card to this paypal that is registered in another country in hope to withdraw the money from my non-turkish paypal account to my turkish visa card.. so what do you think? Can this operation work and will the money be transferred to my visa card? I did everything and the transaction is now pending and paypal says that you should wait 5-7 working days to have the money in your card. So is there some hope i will have the money in my card or is it going to get canceled? Please help, thanks.
Login to Me Too
13 REPLIES 13

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Mohnabih 

Unlikely as Paypal is not available in Turkey and the billing address of the card has to match the address of that countries paypal account.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Mohnabih
Contributor
Contributor
But my billing address is in cyprus cuz I stay there but the bank is turkish and I made the account in egypt so the initial address is in egypt
Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Mohnabih 

Paypal is country specific so you have to open a paypal account in the country you reside in and add an address / phone number / bank accounts / cards from within that country.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi everyone,

I want to jump in to echo the information given by @kernowlass. It is not permitted to create an account in a country other than the one in which you live. If you've created one in another country to circumvent the PayPal system, the account will at some point become limited. I recommend closing any PayPal account created in a different country immediately to comply with the PayPal User Agreement and prevent account limitation and the holding of funds. If you've received payments and cannot withdraw them, I recommend refunding them to the senders.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience and disappointment.

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.