New Community Member
Need directions to transfer funds from Cash app to Paypal
Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Paulravenscraft 

If you have a common bank account linked with Cash app and PayPal, you may withdraw to bank account from Cash app and then add funds to PayPal from linked bank account. Can't add funds with a card at PayPal, card use is primarily for purchases or sending money. That is the ONLY way. To transfer funds from PayPal to Cash app do the reverse, withdraw from PayPal to bank account or non-paypal branded debit card for 1% fee and then add cash to your cash app via bank account or the non-paypal branded debit card.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

BigD420
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks, been trying to go directly from cash app to PayPal. But it makes sense to go from cash app to your regular bank card, then transfer that to PayPal, and someone gets a 1% fee for the transfer to your bank card.
Login to Me Too

Blvck2Gold
New Community Member

Makes zero **bleep** sense

Login to Me Too

valerieachapa
New Community Member
Not anymore. Now you are able to transfer from PayPal to Cash App. 1) Link your Cash App debit card to your PayPal account. 2) Transfer to Bank. 3) Choose In Minutes for a 1% fee or in 1 to 3 Days for free. However, when I tried this last year, my money vanished in cyberspace somewhere. Paypal showed that I had sent money to (my) Cash App yet there was no trace of it being deposited. So.. where did it go? Can I retrieve it now that the service is provided?
Login to Me Too

RyanRafter
Well that feature sucks!!! You just have to get a piece of everything don’t ya! I should be able to send or receive funds from any available service or at least transfer “ MY OWN” funds from any one of my accounts to another one of MY accounts without a fee or delay! Makes me feel like hiding all my money under my mattress cuz once I deposit it into the system it seems to be in your control how I can use it so I’m definitely not very happy bout this one!
Login to Me Too

you_pass_butter
New Community Member
1) "I should be able to send or receive funds from any available service or at least transfer “ MY OWN” funds from any one of my accounts..." Well well. You must be very special indeed. But your entitled claims here clearly show that you didn't read the Terms of Service for either platform (PayPal or Cashapp) which actually state that the funds, while still "yours", will be limited to uses approved by the Platform and those are subject to change at the Platform's will. 2) "to another one of MY accounts without a fee or delay!" Playing hardball, I like it. When you use these services, they have to spend actual money on computing resources so you can check all of your important account balances and make vital purchases or payments. Yet they do not charge you for using the platform they built, the app they have created, nor the website (part of which we are on currently). The development of these cost what some might consider a large fortune, likely rivaling your own accounts in value. Yet when they charge a tiny fee to transfer your funds to somewhere they can no longer monitor your transactions to collect data about you (the real product), their tyranny has gone too far and you have been chosen to speak up for all of the victims of this oppression. 3) "Makes me feel like hiding all my money under my mattress cuz once I deposit it into the system it seems to be in your control how I can use it so I’m definitely not very happy bout this one!" You should probably do this. But does it make it "your money"? It only has value because people believe it to. One day when the US is a distant civilization in the past being taught as a single page aside in the history textbooks, it will have no value. Another thought: can one truly possess anything outside of their own self? I eagerly await your thoughtful and thorough reply.
Login to Me Too

Bt75
Contributor
Contributor
You pay a fee every time you use an ATM that doesn't belong to your bank. The fees keep them in business, that's how they exist. If they didn't make money they wouldn't have made the apps.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.