Can I spend money in my Pay Pal account without a linked bank account or card?

Boiardee
New Community Member

I recently received some money from a friend, via Pay Pal. I don't have my credit card and bank account linked at the moment. Whenever I try to send the money to someone else, or try to spend it I'm not able to. I tried buying a cheap game on steam, but whenever it says to verify my phone number, it comes up with the message "Sorry, we couldn't confirm it's you". I verified my account via email, and it says that the money is "available". When I try to send the money to someone else, it says "Sorry, we weren't able to complete your payment at this time. Please try again later". I've tried calling Pay Pal, but every they have like an hour wait time on hold.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Boiardee wrote:

I recently received some money from a friend, via Pay Pal. I don't have my credit card and bank account linked at the moment. Whenever I try to send the money to someone else, or try to spend it I'm not able to. I tried buying a cheap game on steam, but whenever it says to verify my phone number, it comes up with the message "Sorry, we couldn't confirm it's you". I verified my account via email, and it says that the money is "available". When I try to send the money to someone else, it says "Sorry, we weren't able to complete your payment at this time. Please try again later". I've tried calling Pay Pal, but every they have like an hour wait time on hold.

Link a card and/or bank account if it doesn't not allow you to send payments. Eventually PayPal wants you to link a card/bank.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.