Can I link a bank account to make online purchases through PayPal while waiting for my Debit Card?

MarkyMark580
Contributor
Contributor

I haven't used my bank account in a long time, and it's become dormant, but a representative from my bank said that I can reactivate it with a simple deposit. However my debit card has also expired, a new one won't arrive in the mail for another seven to ten business days. I have some online purchases I'd like to make immediately for an upcoming event. Is it possible to reactivate my account by depositing the appropriate amount of money to cover my purchases, link that account to PayPal, and use PayPal to make those purchases without having to wait for my debit card number? I asked my bank if I could have the debit card number before it arrived to use for my purchases, but they said it wasn't possible. If PayPal is linked to my bank account, will it withdraw funds from that account automatically if there isn't enough in my PayPal wallet? Will it let me know how much is in my account, or do I have to be careful about overdrafts? Any information is appreciated.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.