Can I link My PayPal to a credit card that belongs to my brother?

Josephhhhhhhhhh
Contributor
Contributor

Hi everyone

I have a brother studying abroad and he has a credit card that he is not using and he agreed to give it to me.

Is it possible to link my account using this card knowing that it is not in my name but rather his.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_Drew

Hi @Josephhhhhhhhhh

Sorry if the previous response has caused confusion. If your brother lives in a different country, we would not recommend adding the card to your account as it most likely won't work. I hope this helps clear up the confusion. 

Thanks, 

Drew

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Josephhhhhhhhhh 

The billing address of the card has to match the address on your paypal account.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Josephhhhhhhhhh
Contributor
Contributor

He is studying in Germany so obviously the card will have a German address.

but i live in Algeria and my PayPal account has an Algerian address.

so is it still possible to link the card this way??? knowing that he gave me permission to use it.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Josephhhhhhhhhh 

Did you read my above post?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Josephhhhhhhhhh
Contributor
Contributor

i read your post above but i didn't understand it and don't be surprised because am new to this.

Login to Me Too
Solved

PayPal_Drew

Hi @Josephhhhhhhhhh

Sorry if the previous response has caused confusion. If your brother lives in a different country, we would not recommend adding the card to your account as it most likely won't work. I hope this helps clear up the confusion. 

Thanks, 

Drew

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.