Can I be scammed if I buy something from gaming server?

yDjenkov
Contributor
Contributor
Hello there. Hope you’re all well and healthy. I got a question about buying something on private server (Warmane) from an regular user. Some of them sell some stuff and having an option to pay via PayPal. My question is: If I buy from an user something, I need to send first some amount in PayPal then he supposed to send me some gaming coins and he doesn’t, can I open a dispute to reclaim my money back and is it sure my money will be refunded , of course if I give some proofs of the transaction? Sorry for the long question, just want to be more specific so you could understand be better. Take care all of you, guys and #StaySafe !
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Ragnar_Lothbrok
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee
Hi @yDjenkov, I hope you are well and helathy too. Thanks for using community forum. I am afraid that PayPal may not be able to protect your transaction as GAMING (and/or any other activity with an entry fee and a prize) is not eligible for reimbursement under PayPal Purchase Protection. For more information, clicke here >>> https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/ua/useragreement-full?locale.x=en_US#purchase-protection. Keep safe! ***If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

Ragnar_Lothbrok
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee
Hi @yDjenkov, I hope you are well and helathy too. Thanks for using community forum. I am afraid that PayPal may not be able to protect your transaction as GAMING (and/or any other activity with an entry fee and a prize) is not eligible for reimbursement under PayPal Purchase Protection. For more information, clicke here >>> https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/ua/useragreement-full?locale.x=en_US#purchase-protection. Keep safe! ***If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.