Buyer cheat me

Aashath
New Community Member
Sir, Today i was sent some money to someone today, but he cheated on me. If paypal can, give me my money back or Delete his account. I will appreciate it. He promised to send money to my bank account. But he was cheated. Thanks. Paypal
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Aashath 

That kind of service/transaction is vulnerable to scams. What you tried to do is against PayPal user agreement, too because Sri Lanka PayPal accounts cannot receive money so no withdrawals allowed. You can only make payments with credit cards and if you try to extract funds from credit cards to give yourself a cash advance by sending money to someone you do not know or trust to send to your bank account, easy scam.

See if you can file this kind of dispute:

1. Locate and click payment transaction in your PayPal account activity
  2. Click "Report a problem”. 
  3. Click “I didn't receive an item I purchased”.

If you can't then that means you sent payment as friends and family so there is no refunds or buyer protection. If you paid with credit card, you can dispute it but no guarantees because you tried to sneak a cash advance out of your card. They won't like that.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.