Buyer Fraudulent Refund Claim for non delivery

tinker1960
Contributor
Contributor

A buyer has successfully won a refund claiming the item I sold on eBay to him was never received.  I cannot post sufficient evidence to Paypal because of insufficient memory for my pics to download.  How do I get to talk to Paypal?

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@tinker1960 

The only thing you needed to provide was a tracking number that showed delivery of the item to the buyer.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

tinker1960
Contributor
Contributor

I did provide tracking no but the buyer had messaged me to send to his mums address and the package was tracked but because it was not the buyers Paypal address they have found in favour of the buyer.  My evidence is his message to me on eBay of address change but I cannot download that as max size is not big enough.  Paypal play judge and jury for what should be a police matter.  This guy knew what he was doing.  

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@tinker1960 

Sadly you would have no seller protection if you didn't send to the buyers registered paypal address at the time of payment.

If he wanted it sent to another address you should have told him to add it as a gift address to his paypal account and selected it at the time of payment, then you would have been covered.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

tinker1960
Contributor
Contributor

Yes maybe but fraud is fraud.  Theft is theft.  The buyer did it deliberately and I have the evidence.

I don't think Paypal should adjudicate like its a game where their rules only apply.

thanks for thoughts.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@tinker1960 

Their site / their user agreement which you agreed to when you opened your account / so paypals right to adjudicate.

They gave you seller protection but you negated it yourself by not complying with the terms of seller protection. 

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.