Business debit Card-not giving promised 2% cash back?

teresbfree57
Contributor
Contributor

Hi all,

I noticed that paypal put up a new promotion on our business debit card cash back program.   However,  it has been in process since April 1st--lots of expenditures, supposed 2% cash back but it is still at 0?  Does anyone know what this means?

thanks

Teresa (My Picks for You)

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@teresbfree57 

Read the fine print:

2% cash back on all purchases cash back offer valid from April 1, 2020, through April 30, 2020. Valid only on a chip-enabled PayPal Business Debit Mastercard. The account with PayPal must be in good standing through the reward deposit. Transactions eligible for bonus cash back include: credit transactions which you sign for and which are processed by Mastercard; online transactions processed by Mastercard; purchases processed via a debit network (including PIN-less debit transactions); and phone transactions processed by Mastercard. Transactions that are not eligible for bonus cash back include, but are not limited to: cash withdrawals, cash advances, and the cash-back portion of any point-of-sale purchase. The standard 1% cashback benefits minimum $1 earn cashback requirement is suspended for the duration of this limited time offer. Bonus cash back will be added to the account with PayPal associated with the PayPal Business Debit Card that completed the eligible transaction(s) weekly based on qualifying purchase settlement. PayPal reserves the right to cancel, suspend, or modify this promotion in part or in its entirety at any time without notice, for any reason at its sole discretion.

Beginning May 1, 2020, the program’s standard 1% on eligible purchases benefit will replace the promotional offer. If you previously activated the standard 1% cashback benefit, there is not additional action you must take. To activate the standard 1% cashback benefits, click here. You will receive unlimited 1.0% cash back when your Business Debit Mastercard purchase is completed as a credit transaction by phone, online, or in stores. Transactions processed as cash withdrawals, cash advances, or those using a PIN or transactions that the merchant processes as PIN-less debit are not eligible for cash back. Additionally, as part of the standard 1% cash back benefit, you’ll only receive cash back when your monthly-earned cash back is at least $1.00. Cash back earned that’s less than $1.00 that month will not be awarded and will not carry over to the next month. See Cardholder Agreement for complete details.

You must have or open a PayPal Business or PayPal Cash Plus account to qualify for the Business Debit Card and to maintain and use a balance with PayPal.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

teresbfree57
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

Yes, I read the details of the promotion and I do qualify for my purchases, but it is not adding up on my account; usually the amounts compound as I purchase, and I don't read where any of that changed.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.