Bought a virtual item and the vendor still has his money on hold.

hello1253
Contributor
Contributor

I bought a virtual item and the seller won't transfer the item before he can get it in his bank account. How do i expedite the process so the funds aren't on hold.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@hello1253 

Tracking just gets the funds released more quickly, if they don't send trackable as its a service or virtual transaction then they may have to wait the full 21 days.

As for you, you have buyer protection (subject to terms and conditions) for up to 180 days.

As I said the new seller hold has nothing to do with you, its between the seller and paypal.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@hello1253 

If its marked as completed in your Paypal account then you have paid. The fact its pending on the SELLERS end is between them and paypal as they are new sellers.
Funds are held for 21 days BUT released more quickly if they provide a tracking number (delivery + 1 day).

Even if the funds were withdrawn to their bank account they would still have to refund if they lost a dispute. The hold is to protect PAYPAL from new sellers that don't refund so Paypal has to and then has the hassle of getting reimbursed from the seller.

Tell them that if they refuse to send then you would have to file a dispute for 'non receipt of item' and that would impact on their paypal account as they are such new sellers and the time the 'new seller hold' lasts would be extended OR they may not be allowed to sell at all.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

hello1253
Contributor
Contributor

but how can the seller provide a tracking number as it is a virtual item? also after the 21 day period can i still file for a dispute if the seller does not send the virtual item? @kernowlass 

Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@hello1253 

Tracking just gets the funds released more quickly, if they don't send trackable as its a service or virtual transaction then they may have to wait the full 21 days.

As for you, you have buyer protection (subject to terms and conditions) for up to 180 days.

As I said the new seller hold has nothing to do with you, its between the seller and paypal.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.