Billed in the wrong currency - can anyone help suggest what to do?

alyssajg
Contributor
Contributor

PayPal billed me in the wrong currency even if I chose to be billed in USD. Can anyone help me please?

1. I purchased something in USD. In PayPal's interface, I SPECIFICALLY CHOSE to be billed in USD via "see currency options". See photo below for reference

image.pngimage.png

2. The amount reflected before I paid was in USD (again see photo below for reference)

image.png

3. Upon checkout, I was SHOCKED that I was billed in PHP at a CRIMINAL exchange rate (again see photo below). I have contacted customer service through NUMEROUS channels to help correct the transaction made but to no avail.

image.png

PayPal's customer service isn't helpful. I have reached out through Facebook, Twitter and Message Center. I have tried calling their phone line many times, BUT NO ONE IS ANSWERING!!! I am really tired and stressed about this. These are fees I didn't consent to pay for. I have asked PayPal to fix this but it seems like they are not going to help me with this. I do not want to go to my bank to intervene as it's going to be a long process but it seems that's my only option left.

I think we should all boycott PayPal. This is really ridiculous.....

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.