Beware of Customer Service

dklink04
Contributor
Contributor

This (unfortunately) happened. 

Saturday - Tried to transfer only $520 to my card...was told I was over my weekly limit (true enough)...but that Sunday I would be able to transfer it "with no problem". 

Sunday - Went to make the transfer; wouldn't let me. Called twice...both times "customer service" said they were having a technical issue that would be resolved soon and that I would receive an email once the issue was resolved. Obviously the email never came...called back later Sunday and was told my best option would be to transfer it to another PayPal user and have them withdraw it. I did. The person I transferred it to was told they could not withdraw the funds due to PayPal's servers being down. The user sent me the money back. 

Monday - Was told by PayPal the "refund" would take 5 days to process. I was of course ticked. I pleaded with them to explain why they suggested something false...then blamed their "system" for the situation not being able to be rectified. I got the same scripted answer repeatedly...and finally I asked for legal because we this is all about principal at this point (I mean its $500 bucks and clearly PayPal's fault). No I am being blocked by customer service on all fronts except here. Unreal. PayPal used to be the standard for non-traditional bank services....now it is clearly hot garbage. 

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.