Being in debit

Katrice2
Contributor
Contributor

I dont know if anyone can help, on the 29th for some strange reason my bank started rejecting payments to PayPal but they continued to take the money and put me in debit, I corrected the debit by paying off what was owed, then I've checked again today and its saying I'm in debit yet again by alot more than the amounts actually add up too, I've checked my bank and they have actually left my account but paypal still reckon I'm in debit anyone know how I go about this?

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Katrice2 

So, bank started rejecting payments which put your PayPal balance in the negative. Note: PayPal will attempt to make up to 2 more attempts to get paid if initial attempt is rejected or come back insufficient.

Did you replenish the PayPal balance in the meantime or fixed the issue your bank account rejecting payments? Because replenishing your PayPal balance does not stop PayPal's attempts to get the funds from your bank. You must either add funds to your bank account or stopped your bank from rejecting PayPal's attempts to get funds from your bank account.

If funds have left your bank from adding money to PayPal, it takes time for the funds to get to PayPal to zero out the balance but again, this does not stop PayPal from trying your bank account so the thing is/was to fix whatever issue with your bank account instead of adding funds to PayPal.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Katrice2
Contributor
Contributor
I added funds to my account, deleted bank account registered and reapplied it, so all was absolutely fine, now its saying none of the payments have gone through and I'm in arrears again, but the payments have all gone from my bank account?
Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Katrice2 

Realize that once bank transactions are initiated, they can not be controlled from our accounts.

Meaning deleting a bank account does not stop the transactions happening in the background, its automated.

Meaning, even canceling a bank payment or eCheque from our accounts cannot stop the transfer, it has to complete to paypal's hands who reroutes it back to you.

The problem is you adding funds to your PayPal because that itself is a fairly long process, its not instant. If your bank was rejecting payments or insufficient, the thing to do is fix the issue at your bank: have them stop rejecting PayPal or add funds to the bank account.

Do not try to add funds to PayPal balance or you'll be playing musical money chairs because PayPal is still making attempts at your bank while you moved funds to PayPal balance to try to zero it out. The PayPal balance will zero out in the end, just fix your bank account because PayPal will tap that.

At this point, you'll have to get with your bank and PayPal to find where this money is, if the funds added to PayPal as you say, did not go through.

Please contact customer service for assistance:

Log on, click HELP on top menu, scroll down to click CONTACT US, and then scroll down to click CALL US or other contact options.

Or contact via social media:

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/PayPalUK

Twitter: @paypalUK 

Facebook (US): https://www.facebook.com/paypal

Twitter (US): @AskPayPal 

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Katrice2
Contributor
Contributor
So I'd paid it off, the payments are now coming out of my bank yet I'm still in debit but I dont owe anything?
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.