Banking account successfully linked , and not working, The credit/debit card is withdrawn.

KonstantinosMal
Contributor
Contributor

I have supposedly linked successfully on of my banking accounts with pay-pal and I have withdrawn my debit card since it corresponds to two different accounts in the same bank. Still I cannot bill/charge/transact with that account it still asks for a Card Number etch. Is that normal?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@KonstantinosMal 

Read the checkout screens carefully. PayPal maybe asking for card as backup funding source so it can do instant payment with your bank account (front the money ahead to the merchant and wait for your bank payment to clear) or the merchant is asking for card to streamline checkout but it will still charge your bank account if bank is your preferred payment method.

If you removed your cards, you may have to add it during checkout to complete payment, just make sure the bank payment is the preferred funding source.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@KonstantinosMal 

Read the checkout screens carefully. PayPal maybe asking for card as backup funding source so it can do instant payment with your bank account (front the money ahead to the merchant and wait for your bank payment to clear) or the merchant is asking for card to streamline checkout but it will still charge your bank account if bank is your preferred payment method.

If you removed your cards, you may have to add it during checkout to complete payment, just make sure the bank payment is the preferred funding source.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.