Bank withdrawal

palafae
New Community Member

I accidentally requested a withdrawal for the wrong amount of money from my bank account by adding an extra 0. I tried to look for a way to cancel it but couldn't so I assumed that it wouldn't go through due to insufficient funds in my bank account. But it Did! so now my bank account is actually in the negatives and the money transfer is still pending. Is there any way I can reverse it so they can submit the amount back into my account, or do I have to wait for the transfer to complete, and then transfer it back into my bank account manually. I'm so lost and phoning them gives me a bunch of other options that aren't related to my problem b/c its a voice system. 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@palafae 

Yeah, the bank transfer system is not "intelligent" in that way where it will stop if the amount is an error or not available hence the purpose of NS fees. It just goes right through, that's why there is an opportunity for you to review the transfer before committing to it but fat finger syndrome happens. 😞 If you called PayPal early enough, maybe they can attempt to cancel it but for the most part Add Funds transfers cannot be canceled

To contact customer service for further assistance:

Click HELP at the top menu, scroll down to click CONTACT US, and then scroll down to click CALL US.

Say "Live Agent" to the automated recording.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.