Bank name is different from Paypal account name

smci15
Contributor
Contributor

I cashed out through one of my linked banks in Paypal but I didn't get it. Already called my bank and they said that the transaction was reversed and the funds were transferred back to the Bank of America due to "Account Name Differs". I was trying to call Paypal to no avail - the codes shown are NOT working at all! I didn't have the chance to talk to them. I also tried reporting the transaction thru Resolution Center but it always prompting "Please try again"! I am losing my hopes to get my money back. Is there any way to get connected with the Paypal team to cascade the issue?

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

PayPal_Martina
Administrator
Administrator

Hi @smci15,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community Forum!

In general, if the withdrawal was reversed because the name on your PayPal account does not match the name on your bank account, the amount should be reversed back to your PayPal balance. 

I hope this helps.

Martina 

Login to Me Too

smci15
Contributor
Contributor
It’s not the case. It’s been 3 weeks already. I didn’t even got a notification from Paypal when the transaction was reversed. I wouldn’t know that if I didn’t initiate the call to my bank.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_JonK

Hello @smci15,

Thanks for reaching back out! I'm sorry to hear you still haven't received that withdraw to your bank. I can confirm that we are currently tracking a known issue where our customers are experiencing a bit of a delay processing to withdrawals to banks in the Philippines. We do not have a current estimated time of resolution but we hope to have it resolved as soon as possible. 

Thank you for your time and my apologies for any inconvenience this has caused.

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

smci15
Contributor
Contributor
I badly need the funds for this coming holiday. I hope you guys can at least provide me a ticket for this claim. I can’t even report the transaction in the resolution center. I also called the Bank of America Manila and they just need confirmation from you that the transaction was indeed made by me. Is this something you can look into?
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Jenny

Hi @smci15,

If you are still having issues, you may want to reach out to our Customer Service. You can find the correct phone number for your country by clicking 'Contact' at the bottom of the PayPal homepage and then 'Call us'. You can also contact us on Facebook or on Twitter.

Hope this helps,

Jenny

Se hai trovato utile questa risposta, lascia per cortesia un Kudos o accettala come soluzione. Il tuo contributo nel forum aiuta altri utenti.
Login to Me Too

smci15
Contributor
Contributor
As mentioned from my initial post, i tries calling the hotline. However the otp displayed isn’t working. I also messaged them on twitter and got initial reply but didn’t receive further updates
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.