Bank deactivated

Twirl58
Contributor
Contributor
I have been using PayPal for years now with no problems. However, today I have attempted to make a purchase from eBay without success. I have been redirected to PayPal and asked to add a bank or credit card. When I have tried to the site won't accept it. On the app it states that my card is OK but my bank account has been deactivated. How can that be. Any help would be much appreciated although I think I will be saving an awful lot of money this way.
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Twirl58
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks for the reply. No worries about funds or transfers. I have had an automated response from PayPal and problem is now resolved. Thanks to everyone who has replied.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

Teslafan101
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

is the bank account in your name?

is it already added to another Paypal account?

is it an active bank account?

Login to Me Too

Twirl58
Contributor
Contributor
Yes it is mine the same one that I always use. Also it actually states that the account is unauthorised not deactivated, sorry.
Login to Me Too

Teslafan101
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

you can ask your bank if there is any problem on their end.

If PAYPAL keeps having problem with a bank account,like having problem connecting to it or there is not enough fund in the account,it would delink the bank account,I hope this is not the case !

Login to Me Too

Twirl58
Contributor
Contributor
Well I know that isn't the case I have checked already. Oh well, will wait and see if it is just a glitch whilst saving money at the same time. Thanks for your replies.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Twirl58 

Have you had a failed bank transfer or negative balance at all recently?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too
Solved

Twirl58
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks for the reply. No worries about funds or transfers. I have had an automated response from PayPal and problem is now resolved. Thanks to everyone who has replied.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.