Bank account type is checking

Kent1725
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, I'm new to paypal and I'm just wondering why my bank account type seems to be 'checking' when I linked it to my paypal account. I don't know if I have to wait for something or I just need to configure something else because it seems I cant confirm my newly linked bank account.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@JP02 

Firstly looks as if it is already linked and ready for use as not all countries have to wait for a code to go to their bank account.

Secondly checking just means its a checking account and not a savings account.

Read this link which is a Philippines one and if you look further down at their linked bank account it also says checking as its a checking account type.

https://www.paypal.com/ph/brc/article/link-bank-account

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
36 REPLIES 36

Kent1725
Contributor
Contributor

That enlightened me, thanks for the help!

Login to Me Too

JamesLo
Contributor
Contributor

what is the solution? I can't open the link of the solution, it says page not found. please help

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Siobhan2

Hi JamesLo, 

Thank you for contacting the PayPal Community Forum and welcome as a new member!

Please let me know what the issue is with your bank account. 

- Siobhan 

Login to Me Too

JamesLo
Contributor
Contributor

My linked bank account status is checking, how long does it take for it to check? or is the problem with the bank name? eventually, I removed my bank account and re-link it to make sure. I understand it is because of the virus, but it has been more than a week since I linked it. And I tried to open that link to the solution but the page is not found.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Siobhan2

The account type is called "Checking" similar to calling an account current or savings. The bank is not being checked and should be ready for use once it has been added/confirmed. 

I apologize for the confusion. 

- Siobhan 

Login to Me Too

JamesLo
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for clarifying my confusion. But how do I transfer funds from my bank account to PayPal account?

Login to Me Too

JamesLo
Contributor
Contributor

I understand now, but there is no option/button "confirm" or make a deposit

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.