Bank account reappears after being removed

mutualaid
Contributor
Contributor

I have successfully added a new bank account, and now need to remove the old bank account.

So I click "Remove bank", then at the "Are you sure?" prompt again click "Remove This Bank", then "Done" and the bank account is gone.

However, as soon as I reload the page, the old bank account reappears again. It seems to be impossible to remove the old bank account, and there is no error message.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

mutualaid
Contributor
Contributor

I ended up having to send a message to PayPal support, and they had to remove the old bank account for me.  It may have been due to some issue such as, the old bank account served as backup funding for debit card?  Or something like that.  Just guessing.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

mutualaid
Contributor
Contributor

In my browser developer tools I can actually see an error message returned by the remove XHR request:

{"remove":{"error":{"name":"TypeError","message":"","stack":"TypeError: Cannot read property 'split' of undefined\n at Object.safeGet (/x/web/LIVE/moneynodeweb/node_modules/commonweb-utils/lib/object-utils.ts:20:17)\n at errorMapToContent (/x/web/LIVE/moneynodeweb/app/utils/errors/error.util.ts:392:54)\n at MapSubscriber.project (/x/web/LIVE/moneynodeweb/app/utils/errors/error.util.ts:274:23)\n at MapSubscriber._next (/x/web/LIVE/moneynodeweb/node_modules/src/operators/map.ts:78:29)\n at MapSubscriber.Subscriber.next (/x/web/LIVE/moneynodeweb/node_modules/src/Subscriber.ts:99:12)\n at MapSubscriber._next (/x/web/LIVE/moneynodeweb/node_modules/src/operators/map.ts:83:22)\n at MapSubscriber.Subscriber.next (/x/web/LIVE/moneynodeweb/node_modules/src/Subscriber.ts:99:12)\n at MapSubscriber._next (/x/web/LIVE/moneynodeweb/node_modules/src/operators/map.ts:83:22)\n at MapSubscriber.Subscriber.next (/x/web/LIVE/moneynodeweb/node_modules/src/Subscriber.ts:99:12)\n at ForkJoinSubscriber.notifyComplete (/x/web/LIVE/moneynodeweb/node_modules/src/observable/ForkJoinObservable.ts:228:19)\n at InnerSubscriber._complete (/x/web/LIVE/moneynodeweb/node_modules/src/InnerSubscriber.ts:26:17)\n at InnerSubscriber.Subscriber.complete (/x/web/LIVE/moneynodeweb/node_modules/src/Subscriber.ts:126:12)\n at DefaultIfEmptySubscriber._complete (/x/web/LIVE/moneynodeweb/node_modules/src/operators/defaultIfEmpty.ts:76:22)\n at DefaultIfEmptySubscriber.Subscriber.complete (/x/web/LIVE/moneynodeweb/node_modules/src/Subscriber.ts:126:12)\n at TakeLastSubscriber._complete (/x/web/LIVE/moneynodeweb/node_modules/src/operators/takeLast.ts:107:17)\n at TakeLastSubscriber.Subscriber.complete (/x/web/LIVE/moneynodeweb/node_modules/src/Subscriber.ts:126:12)"},"response":null}

[snipped]

Login to Me Too
Solved

mutualaid
Contributor
Contributor

I ended up having to send a message to PayPal support, and they had to remove the old bank account for me.  It may have been due to some issue such as, the old bank account served as backup funding for debit card?  Or something like that.  Just guessing.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.