Bank account linked and validated, but payments won't go through

EmielD
New Community Member

Hi all,

Emiel from BELGIUM here. 

I've linked another bank account in the past and it was not a problem up until now. I even paid some transactions with the bank account that is linked to my profile as it is... But for some reason, it stopped working.

Now, when I try to make a payment or set-up an automatic payment, the message: "this bank is unvalid". Either way, when I look into my wallet, it says that my bank is checking -cardnumber-. But underneath stands that the bank is accepted and the status is confirmed.

I would love to be able to do some payments again. I currently have no VISA, only my linked bank account, which makes that I need to top-up my account for payments. Forgetting this causes issues from time to time, so I would like it to be automated.

Thank you in advance.

Best regards,

Emiel

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

EmielD
New Community Member

Sidenote: I also checked and deleted the excisting automated payments, to be able to re-activate them after.

Login to Me Too

tomdon48
New Community Member

I have exactly the same problem, using the PayPal Business Debit Card linked to my checking account at Bank of America. All of a sudden, the link is ignored and payments denied. This is ridiculous and no one at PayPal can tell me how or why this happened or how it can be prevented in the future. I have completely lost faith in PayPal and will probably close my account.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.