Bank account is linked but PayPal won't recognize it when I try to transfer funds to it

MakiKain
Contributor
Contributor

I have been using Paypal for years and this is the only time that I encountered this issue. My debit card is linked/verified. I am trying to transfer my balance to my bank account but whenever I try to do it, I can't see my bank account at all. It is only asking me to link an eligible bank account. No option to choose my already linked one.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Dhen21
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @MakiKain 

Most of the time, withdrawals fail because the information you entered when you linked your bank account doesn’t match the information your bank has about you.

For example, the name on your PayPal account must match the name on your bank account. If your name is James Patrick Smith, but you used “J P Smith” when you opened your bank account, you would need to use “J P” as your first name when you link the bank account. This is important because we use the name on your PayPal account when we send a transfer request to your bank.

You can help prevent failed withdrawals by making sure your bank information is correct. An easy way to do this is to remove your bank account and link it again.

Hope this helps.

Stay safe always.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.