Bank Tranfers

Snuffleupagus
Contributor
Contributor

Question? Why can a family put money in my account and it is A MEDIALLY AVAILABLE. Then I transfer a smaller  amount from my BANK on the same day. My bank as been check out by paypal every which way to Sunday. The bank and account are well aware of paypal. That transfer takes 3 To 5 DAYS. I got a guy waiting in London to complete a transaction that won't happen till Wednesday. My transaction I did on Friday. More than Unhappy!!! 

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Snuffleupagus

When you PAY someone it is never immediate > Paypal CREDIT them the funds and Paypal take the few days wait for the funds to transfer to Paypal to pay them back.

They credit the seller so their is no delay in your item being despatched.

Even though the funds may leave your bank account/funding source a few hours OR a few days post payment it does not mean Paypal have them yet as it goes through automated clearing which is the SLOWEST transfer method (to reduce costs to Paypal).

However with withdrawals / refunds you take the wait for the funds to transfer and not paypal.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Snuffleupagus
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for the reply. It should NOT take the better part of a WEEK to transfer my OWN money from my OWN bank to my OWN paypal account.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Snuffleupagus

Please don't yell at me in caps lock when i am trying to help you.

It take 'up to' a week because paypal use the slowest (cheapest) transfer option and that is why when you buy something they credit the seller in advance for you.

But as you transfered that payment you have to take the wait for the funds to transfer, until paypal receives them they can't credit them to you.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Snuffleupagus
Contributor
Contributor

AH, yelling at you? If I was yelling at you, you would know it. So, don't take this in the WRONG direction. Just VOICING an OPTION. I am not the one who needs help.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Your welcome, will make sure I add you to the list of folks I won't be helping in the future.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.