Bank Name Changed

GST14
Contributor
Contributor

My bank was bought out by another bank. Same account and routing number. Do I have to remove the and re-link the bank with the new name or can I edit the name? 

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_Siobhan2

Hi GST14,

Thank you for contacting the PayPal Community Forum and welcome as a new member!

Please remove the bank account and add it choosing the new bank name. You may need to confirm the bank account again once it is added back on.

- Siobhan  

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3
Solved

PayPal_Siobhan2

Hi GST14,

Thank you for contacting the PayPal Community Forum and welcome as a new member!

Please remove the bank account and add it choosing the new bank name. You may need to confirm the bank account again once it is added back on.

- Siobhan  

Login to Me Too

marvinlzinn
Contributor
Contributor

The solution I just read will be too much waste of time. All I need it to change the bank name. The account is no different.  I do not have time to waste with one off and a new one enabled just to change the name of the bank.

Login to Me Too

Woodstock21
New Community Member

I agree that removing the bank and then adding it again is a stupid waste of time. It's the same bank account, just bought out by another bank.

I just gave it a nickname of the bank's new name. I have been using this account with the former bank's name for years now without a problem, but it just bugged me, that there wasn't a simple way to address this. The nickname solution seems to be the easiest.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.