Bank Accounts and Bitcoin

JackAchenbach
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, 

I recently purchased bitcoin. I went in today to make another purchase but PayPal does not acknowledge I have a bank on the system. I removed and re-added my bank but PayPal still will not let purchase bitcoin. The only options I get are "link a new debit card" and "link a new bank account". My bank accounts are already linked. 

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Doc_bb
Contributor
Contributor
Same for me. I emailed paypal suppprt but their answer didnt make much sense. Basically just to wait. They said the last transaction/bitcoin purchase is still in process to cover funds and that I have to wait until that transaction is “completed”. Strange as my first two purchases the same way happened straight away. And I don’t know why the account would not be listed for only bitcoin purchases. Btw, there seems to be alot of people complaining about this since 22nd December...
Login to Me Too

Popsicle6758

Often you will have to keep trying to conduct the purchase by resubmitting it until you have the option to fund with the bank account, provided there are funds in the bank account. Note that you can link more than one bank at a time. Also note that there are buying limits that you will only find out about when you go to make purchase. I have been prevented from buying with these messages: "this purchase will exceed your $20k weekly limit" and "this purchase will exceed your $50k annual buying limit." Have yet to find these limits discussed in any paypal agreement or Q&A.

Paypal could have made this a good platform for speculating on crypto price movement but their limits and delays in returning selling funds are forcing me to move all my crypto funds to Robinhood.com. Very friendly trading platform and have yet to see a limit on buying.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.