Bank Accounts Confirmation

Ciprian_
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I linked by bank accounts 2 weeks ago and I haven't been able to confirm them as the deposits weren't made. I've tried contacting support but after 3 e-mails I still haven't received a reply.

Can someone please help? The information they have about this process is outdated and their support is ....

Thank you.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @kernowlass,

You're absolutely right! I must have scrolled my mouse wheel to another country accidentally when I was looking at that. You're correct that a US bank account is the only type of bank account that can be added. My apologies!

If an account holder in Romania has a US bank account, withdrawal may be made to that account. Since @Ciprian_ is discussing a bank account that was added, it is most likely a US account. If the account is not a US account or is from an institution that offers virtual accounts to non-US residents, that may be another reason why the confirmation is failing.

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Ciprian_

You can't add / withdraw to a local bank account in your country.
You can only add / withdraw to a linked card.

The only exception is U.S expats can add their bank accounts to other countries paypal accounts (paypal is a U.S company so they allow their citizens to do this).

Click on the link below and select the country you want from the drop down list for options available in that country.

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_display-country-functionality-outside&dispatch=5885d80a13...

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @Ciprian_,

A local bank should be able to be added for Romania for the purposes of withdrawal, as listed in the link @kernowlass gave. If the deposits have not arrived in your bank, there are a couple of possibilities. The bank may have combined the two deposits into one deposit. If you have received one deposit from PayPal, there should be an option to add the lump sum amount for confirmation. It is also possible that your bank has refused the small amounts. If this is the case, the bank will be unable to be confirmed and used on the account. You may wish to check with the bank to ask if small amounts deposited into an account might have been rejected.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@PayPal_Olivia

The link shows only a US bank account being able to be added in Romania??

It shows that Romanian paypal accounts can only withdraw via a card, is that info out of date?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too
Solved

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @kernowlass,

You're absolutely right! I must have scrolled my mouse wheel to another country accidentally when I was looking at that. You're correct that a US bank account is the only type of bank account that can be added. My apologies!

If an account holder in Romania has a US bank account, withdrawal may be made to that account. Since @Ciprian_ is discussing a bank account that was added, it is most likely a US account. If the account is not a US account or is from an institution that offers virtual accounts to non-US residents, that may be another reason why the confirmation is failing.

Olivia

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.