Bank Account Linking

Alivvie
Contributor
Contributor

Hello! I'm new to the world of Paypal. I just have a quick question. Does anyone know how to bypass the "requirement" to have a bank account linked? I received a donation to my Paypal and it says it cannot be transferred into my Paypal unless I connect my bank account, but I don't have any bank or credit union accounts. Can it not just go onto my Paypal without this step? It goes onto Paypal, not my bank so what's the problem here? Please help as I've received an email about it cancelling by the 4th.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Alivvie

Perhaps link a card and add your SSN to verify your PayPal account if you can't link a bank account. Yes, all payments go into your PayPal balance but since your PayPal account is not verified, the system is asking you to link a financial instrument. Verifying your PayPal account helps make PayPal even safer for other users. When you’re Verified, it means that you’ve provided additional information about yourself to help confirm your identity.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.