Bank Account Linking/Verification Issue

JamesN1
New Community Member

PayPal requires you to have a "verified" account to use their invoice system, which I am trying to use for art commissions. I chose to verify by linking my bank account, so I gave PayPal my checking and routing numbers. Wait two days, PayPal sends the verification deposits, but they are both returned immediately and PayPal sends me an email saying that that bank is invalid. There was a line saying "reason:" but the space under it was completely blank so, I have no idea what the problem is. I can't re-enter my info either, it always says "we cannot process this request at this time" or "this instrument is bad." The email also includes a link saying I can directly contact customer service to have the account verified, but this link just takes me to PayPal's home page, and I haven't been able to find my issue after an hour of pouring through their customer service pages.

At this point I'm honestly just considering giving clients my paypal.me link just to avoid the headache. I've been trying for hours to find the issue, would sure help if that email actually gave me anything to work with there. If anyone knows how to solve this I would be incredibly grateful.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@JamesN1 

As you have not added your country to your profile (so we can see when we hover over your username) or said in your post which country you are in then sadly can't advise.
Paypal varies a great deal country to country so you need to tell us where you are on this worldwide community forum.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.