cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Balance view (all transactions)

paanibay
Contributor

Balance view (all transactions)

I have PayPal Business. The Balance view (all transactions) is no longer showing the balance. Is it possible to restore this?

4 REPLIES 4
Machineage
Contributor

Re: Balance view (all transactions)

Loads with the same problem. PayPal have apparently 'phased out' the ability to view your running balance.

paanibay
Contributor

Why would they do that, apart from the obvious cynical answer?

It likes trying to withdraw money using Instant Transfer, the system seems to be setup as though it doesn't work, always urging you use Standard Transger instead. Why would you want to?

Machineage
Contributor

In response to raising a ticket with Merchant Technical Support, I received the following reply:

The service that provides running balance filter information for merchants has now been fully phased out. If you would like to view the balance impact of any transaction, please download the Activity Download report by clicking on the Download option in your account.

This workaround is in place because the service that provides running balance information will soon be deprecated. A disclaimer about this issue will also appear in the footer on the Activity page when the filter is applied.

Please note that this is working as designed.

Kindly let me know in case you have further queries. Looking forward to your response.

So there you go, the most basic and required of features, supplied by every other account I hold, is no longer available with PayPal. Utterly unbelievable....

Kangles1
New Community Member

I too contacted PayPal with a similar response to the Balance View showing on screen. It is a feature that I constantly use. Pulling a report download each time I just need a quick glance it time consuming.. Many times I wait 20-30 minutes for a report to be ready to download. This is not an acceptable solution which I communicated to PayPal support but it fell on deaf ears.