Bad debt charge

qwerty0212
New Community Member

I'm here to ask if anyone has been charged by Paypal for negative balance. Basically I've had a negative balance for a month or so (which i have profusely tried to resolve but paypal kept rejecting my attempts to add money!!) and without any warning or reminder to clear this by a certain date, I am suddenly in a situation where i have to pay more than DOUBLE the original amount by a third party employed by Paypal. This is extremely unfair as Paypal did not offer any solutions nor warnings. I would like to know if there is any resolution with regards to such situation as I am definitely intending to pay the original amount of 20 euros. Is there a way to NOT pay the extra?

Thanks for the help!

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@qwerty0212 

If you don't clear a negative balance promptly then paypal sell the 'debt' to a 3rd party debt recovery agency and then their fees go on top of the debt.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

qwerty0212
New Community Member

Hi,

thanks for the reply i really appreciate it! I was wondering if there is any chance this charge can be withdrawn as I genuinely did not know there was a time window to settle. As I mentioned, I did try to resolve several times. I even have a screenshot saying Paypal rejected my attempt. 

Thank you

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@qwerty0212 

Your best bet is to ask customer services, but as you have not said what country you are in then go to help / contact bottom left of paypal pages and see the options for your country, good luck and let us know how you got on.  Smiley Happy

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.