B8 VFF NO SET

mcev
Contributor
Contributor
Why did Paypal take my money? I transferred it to my debit card in my local bank yesterday and I received a receipt and it says successful. I checked my balance in my debit and it was there yesterday. But when I checked today it says the balance was debited with the exact same amount down to the very cent. I tried calling but it's all automated, I sent emails and messages but for some reason I had a problem getting to the website again right after and no one is responding.
Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

aemiestine
New Community Member
Me too. Without letting me know. How i hope PayPal will realize how important money is nowadays and why are they just suddenly deducting money to my account without me knowing. May I know what happened to your account then?
Login to Me Too

mcev
Contributor
Contributor
Hi, so it happened to me 3 straight weeks in a row. And all when I made a transfer from Paypal to BDO. From my conversation with the numerous agents and "supervisors" from BDO, they kept sayung that it is sort of a like a security issue (sort of like a verification if the transfer is probably a scam or not) on THEIR end. Same pattern though, it disappears after a few hours, comes back after about 24-48 hours. So yeah, basically BDO "admitted" it's their fault.
Login to Me Too

jdine
Contributor
Contributor

Hi I'm experiencing the same problem at the moment, I already contacted bdo but they said it's a problem with paypal. Can you please help what to do on this problem? Please help me, thank you

Login to Me Too

jdine
Contributor
Contributor

Hi I'm experiencing the same problem at the moment, can you please tell what happened to your problem? did you retrieved the money? Please help me

Login to Me Too

mcev
Contributor
Contributor
Hi. I confirmed with BDO a long time ago that it's a security measure on their end. They hold those balances with the assumption that it could be from illegal transactions such as money laundering or something. Anyway, the money does get credited back but the amount of days would depend. It's a hassle, every week for 4weeks I had to call, and BDO would say it's Paypal's fault until I actually got hold of one of the branch managers of the bank that issued me the card and verified that they do hold the money. What I do is I transfer it first to Gcash, and then Gcash to BDO. Saves you some money when you do it that way too.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.