Automatic Transfers From Bank Account to PayPal Account

Owl52
Contributor
Contributor

I searched & searched for a simple solution to my issue & finally found one. No questions here - just wanted to share with the community...

SCENARIO: My wife & I use our separate PayPal accounts as 'fun money'. Each of us has a PayPal Cash Card debit card connected to our personal PayPal account. Our joint bank account is with CHASE in the US.

PROBLEM: I want to automatically transfer $X from our joint bank account to each of our personal PayPal accounts every Friday.

SOLUTION: Automatic transfers are managed from the bank account, not PayPal.

• STEP 1: Collect Direct Deposit info from each PayPal account. (NOTE: Direct Deposit is only available on PayPal accounts in the US for customers who have signed up for the PayPal Cash Card debit card. If you have the PayPal Cash Card, you can find Direct Deposit information by going to your Profile.)
  • STEP 2: In CHASE, set up each PayPal account as an 'External Account'. (Look in the 'Pay & Transfer' menus. The verification process uses the 'two small deposits' method & takes a day or two.)
  • STEP 3: In CHASE, set up repeating weekly transfers from the bank account to the PayPal accounts.

Voilà! Weekly 'fun money' automatically deposited to our PayPal accounts.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

nevadasmith
Advisor
Advisor

does Chase ask for bank routing and account number?

Since paypal is not a bank,what did you give them? 

Login to Me Too

Owl52
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, Chase does require bank routing and account numbers. You'll find this in your PayPal account's Direct Deposit information. (See 'Step 1' in original post for detail.)

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.