Auto sweep not working?

Gamechefs
Contributor
Contributor

We signed up for auto sweep since it was on the main summary page.  We tried it daily for a few days and nothing was ever taken out of the account.  We switched it to twice a week and still nothing in the past week.  We switched back this morning to daily and nothing was taken out at the times listed under the Paypal times they post.

Does this option still work (we didn't know about it until we saw it last week on the summary page)???

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

PayPal_Michael

Hi, Gamechefs. Thanks for taking the time to post your question about Auto Sweep here on the PayPal Community Forum. I will do my best to assist.

In order to activate Auto Sweep, it's necessary to contact Customer Service first. Without that, any changes to settings in your PayPal account will not have an effect. Please log on to your PayPal account, click Contact at the bottom of the page, and then click Call Us to see the phone number for Customer Service and to get a one-time passcode to help navigate the automated phone system. Please also see https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/can-i-have-my-paypal-funds-automatically-transfered-to-m... for more information.

I'm sorry for any misunderstanding that's occurred, but I hope this is helpful. Thanks for being a part of the PayPal Community!

Sincerely,

Michael

PayPal_Michael

Login to Me Too

Gamechefs
Contributor
Contributor

Just so that you are aware, I have not contacted Paypal and the day after I posted on this forum, Paypal is "randomly" doing an auto-sweep deposit from our account.  I am discounting your reply as it seems uninformed. You may want to check with the person or Department on exactly how this procedure should be working.  Also, you may want to make them aware that it does not state anywhere during the sign up process that we need to contact them, the webpage says we are all set up once we signup for the service.

Now to address this "auto-sweep" that they are doing on our account:  

1 - It is not happening daily as stated. Sometimes it happens, sometimes not, including a Sunday.

2- The auto-sweep takes a random amount of money to deposit (not the total balance minus $10 as instructed)

3 - It does not happen at the times stated, it varies by up to 32 minutes from the time listed to sweep.

If you get some answers (along with a documentation reference on the Paypal website), let us know.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @Gamechefs,

I'm sorry to hear about the irregularities with the feature. I would suggest contacting customer service for troubleshooting, as the community can only offer general information and not the account-specific assistance that is needed in this situation. 

Thank you!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.