Auction payment method??

Naomisin
New Community Member

Hi I am just after selling a Windows surface tablet and I have not recieved my money the buyer said that she has put it through as an auction payment and that I have to email somebody the proof of postage what does that mean and who do I have to email to recieve my money

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Naomisin 

BE VERY CAREFUL, READ THIS FIRST TO MAKE SURE ITS NOT THIS SCAM.

SCAM.

They may buy on Ebay but they use an anonymous or hijacked Ebay account and DO NOT have a Paypal account so they can't use Ebay checkout.

They encourage you to accept a 'direct' Paypal payment and may ask you to send the item internationally.
No funds or activity of the transaction shows in your Paypal account and any emails 'may' go into your junk or spam folders.

You will get a fake Paypal email.
It will say the buyer has paid ...you won't have been paid.
They will tell you that the payment is released when you provide paypal with a tracking/shipping number......this won't happen.

Paypal NEVER tell you to send an item before the payment is showing in your paypal account.
Paypal do not tell you to send trackable, they advise it for selling protection but it is not compulsory.
Delete any emails and ignore the scammers.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Naomisin 

BE VERY CAREFUL, READ THIS FIRST TO MAKE SURE ITS NOT THIS SCAM.

SCAM.

They may buy on Ebay but they use an anonymous or hijacked Ebay account and DO NOT have a Paypal account so they can't use Ebay checkout.

They encourage you to accept a 'direct' Paypal payment and may ask you to send the item internationally.
No funds or activity of the transaction shows in your Paypal account and any emails 'may' go into your junk or spam folders.

You will get a fake Paypal email.
It will say the buyer has paid ...you won't have been paid.
They will tell you that the payment is released when you provide paypal with a tracking/shipping number......this won't happen.

Paypal NEVER tell you to send an item before the payment is showing in your paypal account.
Paypal do not tell you to send trackable, they advise it for selling protection but it is not compulsory.
Delete any emails and ignore the scammers.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Chanelle2
Contributor
Contributor
You just helped me! Thanks
Login to Me Too

Scammedonce
Contributor
Contributor

The fund has been deducted from the buyer's account and will be credited into your account immediately the shipment is confirmed .Get back to us with the shipment tracking number and the money will be credited immediately. Mail the tracking number to our customers care department at: Note: For security purposes, This payment is pending because it was sent in a currency in which you do not currently hold a balance. Also we got complains from our customer that some seller refuse to post an item after they have receive clear fund.Therefore to complete this transaction. Get back to us with the tracking number details so that we can verify that the item has been shipped and transfer the funds deducted from the buyer's PayPal account to your account. If you have any question or you want to send the Shipment details to us at PayPal customer care at: You can also send the bar code details to the buyer if you want. If you do not accept or deny this payment within 30 days, it will be cancelled and the funds will be returned to <removed> account. I got this tonight from someone. I am selling a ring. This doesn’t sound legit

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Intars

Hi @Scammedonce,

Welcome to the community forum and thanks for posting.

Any time you receive an email or a notification about activity on your PayPal account, the safest way to confirm its’ validity is to log in to your PayPal account via the PayPal website. Do not use the links in the email or notification received. Any of the activities reported in the email will be available to view. When you receive a payment, you’ll see the money in your account right away. Even if it was placed in your pending balance, you’ll see this. We want you to have complete visibility of your money. Please forward any suspicious emails, notifications or websites to spoof@paypal.com. To learn more about online safety, click the "Security" link near the bottom of any PayPal page.

-Intars

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.