Attempting to link bank, getting "sorry we couldn't verify it's you"

CaseyMcal
Contributor
Contributor

Hey all, having some issues connecting my new bank account. When I go to link it I enter it manually as my bank is not on the initial list. I enter my routing and acct number and it pops up the message about the 2 deposits. I accept that, then it re routes me to a "quick security check" page which quickly vanishes. Another page pops up with the sorry can't verify message. I'm at a loss here. Any help is appreciated.

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@CaseyMcal

If its not on the list then it may well be a bank that is not supported by paypal.

Also is the name on your bank account the exact same as the name on your paypal account?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

CaseyMcal
Contributor
Contributor
The name matches, poured over the faq several times to make sure I was following all requirements. While not on the list it does recognize my bank when I enter my numbers, not sure if it does that for non compatible banks or not. I tried to link it again last night and for my troubles Paypal limited my account. I am absolutely floored by how broken this entire process seems to be. Taking my money (when I'm able) to another platform asap.
Login to Me Too

nevadasmith
Advisor
Advisor

what bank are you using?

may be after you verify your deposits,then see what happens?

Login to Me Too

agrantham
Contributor
Contributor

How do you know your account is limited?

Login to Me Too

CaseyMcal
Contributor
Contributor

I know it's limited because Paypal keeps popping up a notification that it is and I'm unable to perform certain functions.  I submitted and completed the verification check to have the limitation lifted, I'm assuming I just have to wait for a Paypal employee to actually remove it.

As for the bank account, I've seen several posts here and other places about the same issue I'm having.  Apparently they're being told by customer service that the system that links checking accounts is currently down and has been for a week.  A system that is so vital to an account should not be down for a week from a company this size.  That is straight up embarrassing on Paypal's part.  

Login to Me Too

agrantham
Contributor
Contributor

I didn't get an error message telling me the system is done which is what should have happened. I also wasn't told the system was down when I spoke to Paypal on Chat. Paypal has many systems failing and THAT is not making me feel good about using Paypal.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.