Attempting to link a bank account for over a month

pefgandy
Contributor
Contributor

Hi there! I've been attempting to link our bank account to our business account to receive small payments from customers. We don't have an unusual or unrecognized bank account. The first time we linked our account, we received 4 deposits and 2 withdrawals instead of 2 deposits and 1 withdrawal. When I called in to help with the confusion - somehow paypal ended up sending us 4 more deposits and 2 more withdrawals. After numerous phone calls with people attempting to fix the issue the exact same way over and over again - we're getting nowhere.

Our account was deleted and cleared out from paypal (we agreed to this) and we were instructed to wait a few business days before recreating the same account and linking the same bank account - because if you try 3 times with the same bank account, the account becomes locked. We created the new account and I called in to link our bank account over the phone. Somehow the person I gave the information to entered the bank account wrong (no really - they entered the entirely wrong number). I received emails from paypal that the account information was wrong, spent almost an hour trying to get someone on the phone to help, had the (our) account owner speak with paypal and perform account verification over the phone and was told the account will be linked and in 2-3 business days, at that time the deposits/withdrawals should appear and we can call in to verify the information.

Fast forward 4 business days, we have received no deposits - there is no notice of linked or attempted to link bank account on our account and we're literally getting nowhere after first creating this account back on March 15. Please tell me someone else has gone through and suffered this nightmare. We just want to link our bank account and it appears no one at paypal knows the solution.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @pefgandy,

I'm sorry to hear of the experience you've had trying to link a bank account. I regret that the community would not be able to assist with an account-specific issue such as this one. While I know that you've spoken with phone support already, that avenue is the correct one for resolution. I'm so sorry that this has been a bad experience.

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

pefgandy
Contributor
Contributor
I wanted to find out if the community had experienced my same issue and how they handled or resolved it since I have literally gotten nowhere when asking for help by contacting paypal directly.

Paypal could not resolve this issue.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.